- Design a strategic plan and roadmap to strengthen all the functions of Agriculture Marketing Assembling (Concentration), Preparation of consumption (Processing) and Distribution (Dispersion), in conjunction with relevant stakeholders in the Department (Principal Secretary, Secretaries, etc.) and related functionaries
- Contribute to the Departments work plan related to establishment of market yards and sub yards,through insightful analysis and innovative solutions
- Conduct domain research and provide insights and perspective to ensure incorporation of best practices and latest trends & technologies from across different states and facilitate management decision-making
- Provide guidance to the Department in formulating new policies and reforming existing policies in order to reform the existing marketing system by redesigning the market structure, ushering in transparency, leveraging technology in operations, providing a well-functioning regulatory framework, etc.
- Provide the required guidance and support to Department in undertaking state level planning for development of markets and approving proposals for constructing infrastructure facilities in the market area such as grading, pack houses, storages, processing, other post-harvest management facilities etc.
- Support the Department in required process and system reforms to ensure effective implementation of the strategic plan and its continuous monitoring, as required
- Liaise with relevant officials in the Department to develop ideas and plans to address other departmental priorities and undertake strategic and operational planning exercises
- Establish and build partnerships with important and relevant national level bodies and organizations like State Agriculture Marketing Boards, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare (Government of India), and NITI Aayog and leading private organizations to garner support for Agriculture Marketing in the State
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices taking into account international and national best practices, in order to facilitate cost optimization andproductivity improvement
- Develop and oversee the implementation of functional policies, procedures and controls in order to ensure that all activities are conducted in compliance with risk, audit and regulatory and there are improvements to functional procedures and follow all relevant Mission and State Government policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Perform other related duties or assignments as and when required
Minimum PG Diploma or Masters degree (full time) in Agribusiness Management / Management / Business Administration / Marketing
- Minimum 10 years of post-qualification experience in agricultural domain.
Retired personnel from Government with minimum 10 years of experience in agricultural domain (last held position should not be lower than Joint Secretary or equivalent level)
At least 10 years of post-qualification experience in Indian Administrative Service / 15 years of post-qualification experience in State Administrative Service (last held position should not be lower than Joint Secretary or equivalent level) with minimum 3 years of experience in agricultural domain
- Less than 65 years of age as on 1st January 2020.
- Experience in marketing of agricultural produce / commodity value chains and improving / reforming market structure and operations
- Proven track record of leading and / or advising on Agro Marketing projects / initiatives / programs in state / central government / bilateral / multilateral organizations (such as State Agriculture Marketing Boards, Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, World Bank, DFID, UNDP, ADB etc.)
- Bachelors degree (full time) in Agriculture / Agriculture Engineering / Agronom y
- Certificates / Diploma / Courses in relevant areas will add weight to the candidature
- Honors / Awards in relevant area will be an added advantage
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Experience of policy and process design, operations development and management in the domain of Agriculture
- Familiarity with commonly used tools for market analysis and program design such as sub-sector analysis, gross margin analysis and business planning
- Experience in dealing with local stakeholders (local NGOs, government ministries, etc.)
teams - technical, operations and administrative
Fluency in written and spoken English and Hindi is essential
Salary: INR 16,00,000 - 17,00,000 PA.
Role Category:Senior Management
Desired Candidate Profile
PG:MBA/PGDM - Any Specialization, Marketing, PG Diploma - Other, MS/M.Sc(Science) - Agriculture
ScaleneWorks People Solutions LLP
Contact Company:ScaleneWorks People Solutions LLP